Pharo Graphs

SJ
Sebastian Jordan Montano
Wed, Dec 1, 2021 2:56 PM

Hello everybody,

We are happy to announce that we have a brand new library for graphs algorithms in Pharo! We have implemented some of the most-know graph algorithms like: Dijkstra, Tarjan, BFS, Kruskal, Topological Sort, and more.
Here is the GitHub repository: [ https://github.com/pharo-ai/graph-algorithms | https://github.com/pharo-ai/graph-algorithms ]

Also, we wrote a booklet for the ones interested in graph theory in the computer science context. In the booklet, we explain how the algorithms work, the logic behind them, and the Pharo implementation. Also, we show in which real-life scenarios they can be applied.
Here is the booklet link: [ https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/Booklet-PharoGraphs | https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/Booklet-PharoGraphs ] (there is the link of pdf on the README).

We are interested in any kind of feedback!

Thanks,
Sebastian Jordan

[...]
RO
Richard O'Keefe
Wed, Dec 1, 2021 9:22 PM

Brilliant!  Ta muchly.

On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 at 03:56, Sebastian Jordan Montano <
sebastian.jordan@inria.fr> wrote:

Hello everybody,

We are happy to announce that we have a brand new library for graphs
algorithms in Pharo! We have implemented some of the most-know graph
algorithms like: Dijkstra, Tarjan, BFS, Kruskal, Topological Sort, and more.
Here is the GitHub repository:
https://github.com/pharo-ai/graph-algorithms

Also, we wrote a booklet for the ones interested in graph theory in the
computer science context. In the booklet, we explain how the algorithms
work, the logic behind them, and the Pharo implementation. Also, we show in
which real-life scenarios they can be applied.
Here is the booklet link:
https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/Booklet-PharoGraphs (there is
the link of pdf on the README).

We are interested in any kind of feedback!

Thanks,
Sebastian Jordan

Brilliant! Ta muchly. On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 at 03:56, Sebastian Jordan Montano < sebastian.jordan@inria.fr> wrote: > Hello everybody, > > We are happy to announce that we have a brand new library for graphs > algorithms in Pharo! We have implemented some of the most-know graph > algorithms like: Dijkstra, Tarjan, BFS, Kruskal, Topological Sort, and more. > Here is the GitHub repository: > https://github.com/pharo-ai/graph-algorithms > > Also, we wrote a booklet for the ones interested in graph theory in the > computer science context. In the booklet, we explain how the algorithms > work, the logic behind them, and the Pharo implementation. Also, we show in > which real-life scenarios they can be applied. > Here is the booklet link: > https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/Booklet-PharoGraphs (there is > the link of pdf on the README). > > We are interested in any kind of feedback! > > Thanks, > Sebastian Jordan >
SS
Serge Stinckwich
Thu, Dec 2, 2021 7:17 AM

Thank you Sebastian. Great to have this library.

I have implemented various random graph generation algorithms that are part
now of the MooseAlgo library:
https://github.com/moosetechnology/moosealgos

Like Albert-Barabasi algorithm and others:
https://github.com/moosetechnology/MooseAlgos/tree/development/src/Moose-Algos-Graph-Generators
I planned to implement new algorithms that I needed for my work.

Do you plan to replace completely MooseAlgo with the new library?
Regards,

On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 at 22:56, Sebastian Jordan Montano <

--
Serge Stinckwic
​h​

Thank you Sebastian. Great to have this library. I have implemented various random graph generation algorithms that are part now of the MooseAlgo library: https://github.com/moosetechnology/moosealgos Like Albert-Barabasi algorithm and others: https://github.com/moosetechnology/MooseAlgos/tree/development/src/Moose-Algos-Graph-Generators I planned to implement new algorithms that I needed for my work. Do you plan to replace completely MooseAlgo with the new library? Regards, On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 at 22:56, Sebastian Jordan Montano < sebastian.jordan@inria.fr> wrote: > Hello everybody, > > We are happy to announce that we have a brand new library for graphs > algorithms in Pharo! We have implemented some of the most-know graph > algorithms like: Dijkstra, Tarjan, BFS, Kruskal, Topological Sort, and more. > Here is the GitHub repository: > https://github.com/pharo-ai/graph-algorithms > > Also, we wrote a booklet for the ones interested in graph theory in the > computer science context. In the booklet, we explain how the algorithms > work, the logic behind them, and the Pharo implementation. Also, we show in > which real-life scenarios they can be applied. > Here is the booklet link: > https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/Booklet-PharoGraphs (there is > the link of pdf on the README). > > We are interested in any kind of feedback! > > Thanks, > Sebastian Jordan > -- Serge Stinckwic ​h​ https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich ​
SJ
Sebastian Jordan Montano
Thu, Dec 2, 2021 2:39 PM

Hello Serge,

The plan is only to remove the graph algorithms from the Moose Algo (Moose-Algos-Graph) and to load them from the Pharo AI library instead.
I saw that you reference in graph generator algos some classes of the edges. What we can do is to use the nodes from the pharo-ai library instead.

But also I think that it could be interesting to move the graphs generator to pharo-ai repo. I do not know. What do you think?
We can discuss it.

Regards,
Sebastian

Thank you Sebastian. Great to have this library.

I have implemented various random graph generation algorithms that are part now of the MooseAlgo library:
[ https://github.com/moosetechnology/moosealgos | https://github.com/moosetechnology/moosealgos ]

Like Albert-Barabasi algorithm and others:
[ https://github.com/moosetechnology/MooseAlgos/tree/development/src/Moose-Algos-Graph-Generators | https://github.com/moosetechnology/MooseAlgos/tree/development/src/Moose-Algos-Graph-Generators ]
I planned to implement new algorithms that I needed for my work.

Do you plan to replace completely MooseAlgo with the new library?
Regards,

On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 at 22:56, Sebastian Jordan Montano < [ mailto:sebastian.jordan@inria.fr | sebastian.jordan@inria.fr ] > wrote:

BQ_BEGIN

[...]

BQ_END

--
Serge Stinckwic
​h​

BQ_END

Hello Serge, The plan is only to remove the graph algorithms from the Moose Algo (Moose-Algos-Graph) and to load them from the Pharo AI library instead. I saw that you reference in graph generator algos some classes of the edges. What we can do is to use the nodes from the pharo-ai library instead. But also I think that it could be interesting to move the graphs generator to pharo-ai repo. I do not know. What do you think? We can discuss it. Regards, Sebastian De: "Serge Stinckwich" <serge.stinckwich@gmail.com> À: "pharo-users" <pharo-users@lists.pharo.org> Envoyé: Jeudi 2 Décembre 2021 07:17:52 Objet: [Pharo-users] Re: Pharo Graphs BQ_BEGIN Thank you Sebastian. Great to have this library. I have implemented various random graph generation algorithms that are part now of the MooseAlgo library: [ https://github.com/moosetechnology/moosealgos | https://github.com/moosetechnology/moosealgos ] Like Albert-Barabasi algorithm and others: [ https://github.com/moosetechnology/MooseAlgos/tree/development/src/Moose-Algos-Graph-Generators | https://github.com/moosetechnology/MooseAlgos/tree/development/src/Moose-Algos-Graph-Generators ] I planned to implement new algorithms that I needed for my work. Do you plan to replace completely MooseAlgo with the new library? Regards, On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 at 22:56, Sebastian Jordan Montano < [ mailto:sebastian.jordan@inria.fr | sebastian.jordan@inria.fr ] > wrote: BQ_BEGIN Hello everybody, We are happy to announce that we have a brand new library for graphs algorithms in Pharo! We have implemented some of the most-know graph algorithms like: Dijkstra, Tarjan, BFS, Kruskal, Topological Sort, and more. Here is the GitHub repository: [ https://github.com/pharo-ai/graph-algorithms | https://github.com/pharo-ai/graph-algorithms ] Also, we wrote a booklet for the ones interested in graph theory in the computer science context. In the booklet, we explain how the algorithms work, the logic behind them, and the Pharo implementation. Also, we show in which real-life scenarios they can be applied. Here is the booklet link: [ https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/Booklet-PharoGraphs | https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/Booklet-PharoGraphs ] (there is the link of pdf on the README). We are interested in any kind of feedback! Thanks, Sebastian Jordan BQ_END -- Serge Stinckwic ​h​ [ https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich | https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich ] ​ BQ_END
OV
Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
Thu, Dec 2, 2021 5:00 PM

Thanks Sebastian and Stephane,

Pretty cool!

Offray

On 1/12/21 9:56, Sebastian Jordan Montano wrote:

[...]

Thanks Sebastian and Stephane, Pretty cool! Offray On 1/12/21 9:56, Sebastian Jordan Montano wrote: > Hello everybody, > > We are happy to announce that we have a brand new library for graphs > algorithms in Pharo! We have implemented some of the most-know graph > algorithms like: Dijkstra, Tarjan, BFS, Kruskal, Topological Sort, and > more. > Here is the GitHub repository: > https://github.com/pharo-ai/graph-algorithms > > Also, we wrote a booklet for the ones interested in graph theory in > the computer science context. In the booklet, we explain how the > algorithms work, the logic behind them, and the Pharo implementation. > Also, we show in which real-life scenarios they can be applied. > Here is the booklet link: > https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/Booklet-PharoGraphs (there > is the link of pdf on the README). > > We are interested in any kind of feedback! > > Thanks, > Sebastian Jordan
SS
Serge Stinckwich
Fri, Dec 3, 2021 1:26 AM

On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 at 22:40, Sebastian Jordan Montano <
sebastian.jordan@inria.fr> wrote:

Hello Serge,

The plan is only to remove the graph algorithms from the Moose Algo
(Moose-Algos-Graph) and to load them from the Pharo AI library instead.
I saw that you reference in graph generator algos some classes of the
edges. What we can do is to use the nodes from the pharo-ai library instead.

But also I think that it could be interesting to move the graphs generator
to pharo-ai repo. I do not know. What do you think?
We can discuss it.

If they can be ported quite easily, why not.
Regards,

--
Serge Stinckwic

https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich

On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 at 22:40, Sebastian Jordan Montano < sebastian.jordan@inria.fr> wrote: > Hello Serge, > > The plan is only to remove the graph algorithms from the Moose Algo > (Moose-Algos-Graph) and to load them from the Pharo AI library instead. > I saw that you reference in graph generator algos some classes of the > edges. What we can do is to use the nodes from the pharo-ai library instead. > > But also I think that it could be interesting to move the graphs generator > to pharo-ai repo. I do not know. What do you think? > We can discuss it. > > If they can be ported quite easily, why not. Regards, -- Serge Stinckwic h https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich