[Pharo-users] How to write out simple Json?

Tim Mackinnon tim at testit.works
Thu Feb 28 08:56:41 EST 2019

As I merrily chat to myself - I noticed that STONWriter almost does what I need - it just complains in #writeAssociation: so I make a subclass STONJSONWriter and override:

writeAssociation: association
	“don’t smack me….
	jsonMode
		ifTrue: [ self error: 'wrong object class for JSON mode' ]."
	self
		encodeKey: association key
		value: association value

I get exactly what I would expect - valid Json from simple Collections, Associations and Array.

So would it be handy to have such a writer in the image (or let STONWriter be more configurable for this?)

Tim

p.s. my finally example would then be:

ex := { 'track'-> 'pharo'.
	'language' -> 'smalltalk'.