[Pharo-users] Why is #findString: in accessing?

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 00:49:28 EST 2019

On 28/02/19 5:23 AM, Richard O'Keefe wrote:

> It is surprisingly hard to keep categories consistent.  If there is
> a way to say "here I am browsing method M in category G of class C,
> is there an ancestor of C that puts the selector of M in a different
> category?" I would love to know it.  (Adding such a code critic to
> my Smalltalk is on the TODO list.)

Richard,

There is Browser>>#categorizeAllUncategorizedMethods that works this way
in Squeak but for uncategorized methods.

But then, a tag-set would be more useful than just single
categorization. It doesn't matter how accurate a category is, there will
always be someone who will find an equally justifiable reason for
putting a method into a different category ;-).

Is it possible to have a pragma or dummy method (say tags:) to list tags
that could be extracted to facilitate searches? It should not have any
runtime impact.

Regards .. Subbu