[Pharo-users] What does the Package and Sub-Package comment do?

Denis Kudriashov dionisiydk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 12:22:22 EST 2019

Hi Tim.

Behaviour is similar to Pharo 6. When class is selected the comment belongs
to the class. If not then it belongs to the package.
There is no such thing as a tag comment.

I thought the default comment text is clear enough to avoid confusion. But
probably it's not as you wrote this mail.
So it is a room for improvements.

Package comment is managed as a comment of ts manifest class. When you
first time add it the manifest class is created.

25 февр. 2019 г. 15:09 пользователь "Tim Mackinnon" <tim at testit.works>
написал:

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Not sure whether to report a bug or not.

> On 22 Feb 2019, at 14:48, Tim Mackinnon <tim at testit.works> wrote:
>
> Hi - I notice that you can sort of put comments on packages - but I’m not
sure if this is working or if its supposed to work?

> When I type something it seems to create and extra Manifest tag, and then
the comment that I type seems to be the same for the package and all of its
sub tags?

> Is this a work in progress? Should Calypso even show a comment for the
tags (or is it read only for them - as its the parent).

> I’m just not clear on what it does, and whether I can programmatically
add stuff to it or not? (I was thinking for exercism to store exercise
information there - but maybe I will stick to the test class comment)