[Pharo-users] Windows 64bit, long filename issue but after a second load, how to categorise and report this?

Tim Mackinnon tim at testit.works
Mon Feb 25 12:12:13 EST 2019

Just to add some additional notes on this (and I will also file an issue, as I don’t think one has been submitted, and I don’t think this is fully down to file path length alone) -

After some more testing, we have also seen the error on Windows 32bit as well (so while easier to get in 64bit, it does occur in 32bit like others have reported).

My real concern however, is that a simple project (which admittedly pulls in a single Filetree prerequisite - PharoWebBrowser) seems to trigger this error - but confusingly references files that don’t appear to be in the image. Tracing through PharoWebBrowser - there are some file tree based pre-reques and some that are mcz - and none of them have files like: testRaiseUnexpectedMessageWhenTooMuchMessages.st

And this method is not in the image that gets loaded into OSX.  So I am wondering where these long files are coming from?

So yes, while there is a long filename issue - is there another hidden issue underneath all of this where files we aren’t even using are getting reference somehow?

Tim