[Pharo-users] Partition/Sync ready databases for Pharo?

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas offray.luna at mutabit.com
Tue Feb 19 11:39:30 EST 2019

Hi,

I think that using Fossil depends on what things are you synchronizing
and how fast.

In the Grafoscopio community we use Fossil to sync documentation
(Grafoscopio notebooks and Wiki pages) and issues, which means documents
that move slow, and we use CodiMD [1] (Firebase based) when we do
synchronization on documents we write together in real time (like
hackathon/documentathon notes). Usually we publish them in a single
Fossil repository (see [2] for an example of this combination of slow +
quick sync combining Fossil and CodiMD).

For alternatives to Firebase I have been starting to look at [3] and
[4]. I would really love to see a Pharo client to any of such
alternatives as I would like to have real time collaboration on
Grafoscopio based notebooks.

[1] http://demo.codimd.org/
[2] https://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/datafem/
[3]
https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-closest-open-source-alternative-to-Firebase-Im-mainly-interested-in-alternatives-to-the-software-framework-I-prefer-a-more-lightweight-solution-that-integrates-well-with-a-Backbone-js-application-and-acts-more-like-a-data-sync-layer
[4] https://alternativeto.net/software/firebase/?license=opensource

Hope it helps,

Offray