[Pharo-users] How to uncache Commander menu items

Tim Mackinnon tim at testit.works
Tue Feb 19 09:33:43 EST 2019

I was going to write this question - but Denis pinged me on Discord - however I thought I would lob this into the list in case someone else hits the problem and is searching for it. (Maybe I should stick this in Calypso or Commander faq).

My problem was that I had built a sub menu in Calypso and specified the order of the menu items as described in the docs.
packageContextMenuActivation
	<classAnnotation>

	^ CmdContextMenuActivation
		byItemOf: ClyExercismMenuGroup
		order: self contextMenuOrder
		for: ClyTaggedClassGroup asCalypsoItemContext

However when I went to add some icons and change the ordering I was finding that my menu wasn’t updating. There are 2 solutions (one better than the other).

The brute force way is: CmdContextMenuActivation resetCache.

The elegant way was to add an annotation to my menu ordering method

contextMenuOrder
	<classAnnotationDependency>

		^1

Tim

By the way - to see what icons you can use in your menus, inspect: ThemeIcons current