[Pharo-users] OSProcess / OSSubprocess / LibC uniqueInstance

Serge Stinckwich serge.stinckwich at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 06:01:34 EST 2019

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 11:56 AM David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 11:37:38AM +0100, Albrecht Baur via Pharo-users
> wrote:
> > From: Albrecht Baur <baur.albrecht at googlemail.com>
> > Subject: OSProcess / OSSubprocess / LibC uniqueInstance
> > To: pharo-users at lists.pharo.org
> > Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 11:37:38 +0100
> >
> > I need to execute OS commands from within a x64 pharo 7.01 image on
> > centos7 (for example: 'zip -r 123.zip zipme/').
> >
> > I found these 3 tools: OSProcess, OSSubprocess, LibC uniqueInstance
> >
> > But I did not find any docu on which one to use for which use case.
> >
> >  * OSProcess is in the catalog browser but fails loading because of
> >    ByteArray>>ifNotNilDo:
> >    -> So OSProcess is not to be used with p7 ?
>
> Hi Albrecht,
>
> I am sorry that I cannot check it right now, but it may be that
> ConfigurationOfOSProcess needs to be updated. The #ifNotNilDo: problem
> was fixed by Thierry Goubier in July 2017, so perhaps you are using
> an out of date version.
>
> Hopefully someone else can give you a better answer, otherwise I will
> try to follow up in a day or two.

I have the same problem of ifNotNilDo: when I load OSProcess in Pharo 7.
What version do you use ?
Regards,

--
Serge Stinckwic

Int. Research Unit
 on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
Sorbonne University
 (SU)
French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)
niversity of Yaoundé I, Cameroun
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute."
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich