[Pharo-users] Status of XML Support's move to GitHub

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Thu Feb 14 10:13:39 EST 2019

Hi again,

> On 10 Jan 2019, at 16:31, Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> What is the status of XML Support's move to GitHub ?
> Many people were pro, has anything been done ?
> It would be very nice.
>
> Sven

I did https://github.com/svenvc/XML-Support-Pharo as a direct copy of the code from SmalltalkHub to GitHub, Tonel, Pharo and Travis CI.

This is just the bare minimum, a proof of concept, with new, much simplified baselines. It was the last project that I depend on and I wanted it in GitHub for my own purposes. The default load of XMLParser includes XMLWriter, the tests and the GT extensions.

All 5100+ tests are green. I am using Pharo 7.0.1 64-bit. Code seems to load reasonably fast.

I want to stress that this is not a fork, nor the end of this conversion.

I have a lot of respect for this high quality, solid code base and want this important piece of code to move forward.

I hope others will help.

Sven