[Pharo-users] Working VM for OS X for Pharo 7

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 04:33:44 EST 2019

On Thu., 14 Feb. 2019, 10:07 Hilaire, <hilaire at drgeo.eu> wrote:

> Hopefully I may have access to a mac tomorrow to test your request, or
> it will be in 10 days.
>
> On the other hand, is not libgit integrated in the VM, so I don't
> understand how it can be related to system update? Or is libgit a
> binding to a system git or something like that?

On Linux it is almost always:

- A library isn't found because the search path is wrong, i.e.
LD_LIBRARY_PATH needs to be set, and/or
- there's a missing dependency.

The ldd command helps track these down by showing which dependencies are
missing.

On Linux you need to be careful because the pharo script sets up
LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
so ldd may show something as missing which will be found when pharo is
actually run, e.g libssh.

Cheers,
Alistair
(on phone)