[Pharo-users] Slots doc

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Thu Feb 7 02:52:40 EST 2019

> On 6 Feb 2019, at 18:17, Vitor Medina Cruz <vitormcruz at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Ok, thanks, I think I am understanding.
>
> I was trying to create a class to experiment but if I try to:
>
> Object subclass: #TestClassWithSlots
>     slots: { }
>     classVariables: {  }
>     package: 'Experiment-Slots'
>
> Code is reversed to:
>
> Object subclass: #TestClassWithSlots
>     instanceVariableNames: ''
>     classVariableNames: ''
>     package: 'Experiment-Slots'
>
> Even if I do:

Right now if you want to *always* see the slot class definition, you need to turn it on in the preferences.
(The browser has a shortcut radio button down on the right down, too).

> Object subclass: #TestClassWithSlots
>     slots: { #tests => BaseSlot }
>     classVariables: {  }
>     package: ''Experiment-Slots'
>
> It reverts back to the instanceVariableNames version. Putting BooleanSlot avoids this reversion. I also tried to put RelationSlot just to see what happens and it entered in an infinite loop error.BaseSlot

BaseSlot is an internal slot used e.g. for BooleanSlot (to store the data). It is a hidden slot, that is, one that is not visible in the class definition.
(I will add a comment to make clear that this is not meant to be used directly).

	Marcus