[Pharo-users] Non-greedy RegEx?

Denis Kudriashov dionisiydk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 10:13:58 EST 2019

We can also update pharo version from original VW repositoriy if the
current license is appropriate. I think it covers missing parts.

5 февр. 2019 г. 7:34 пользователь "Esteban Lorenzano" <estebanlm at gmail.com>
написал:

Hi,

Yes, Pharo regex implementation is very naive.
We will be moving to a PCRE binding to match outside world standards but we
have not had the time to work on it :(

Esteban

> On 5 Feb 2019, at 00:27, Manuel Leuenberger <leuenberger at inf.unibe.ch>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that the Pharo regexes do not understand non-greedy
matches. A regex engine to be PCRE is kind of essential, not having '.*?'
to be a parseable and working regex is a bummer. Are there any more
powerful regex engines around for Pharo? I could not find any.