[Pharo-users] Non-greedy RegEx?

Richard O'Keefe raoknz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 06:26:00 EST 2019

Please DON'T move to PCRE.
"Outside world standards"?  There are so many.
There are two important things to know about
PCRE: (1) it is a popular open source regexp
library for Perl-style regexps, (2) because of
that, it is prone to truly horrendous performance
problems.  There are alternatives, such as re2,
https://github.com/google/re2 ,
which are not subject to PCRE's intrinsic
performance pathologies.  As it happens, re2
supports *? +? and ??.