[Pharo-users] why doesn't this baseline load any package when included in another baseline?

PAUL DEBRUICKER pdebruic at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 16:41:30 EST 2019

Hi -

In this repo

MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/TimeZoneDatabase'
    user: ''
    password: ''

There is the BaselineOfTimeZoneDatabase

If in a Pharo7 playground I run

Metacello new
	baseline: 'TimeZoneDatabase';
	repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/TimeZoneDatabase';
	load

It loads into the image fine and seems to work.

If I include it in another project like this

	spec baseline: 'TimeZoneDatabase'
			with: [ spec repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/TimeZoneDatabase' ].
	spec package: 'MyPackage'
                        with:[ spec requires: #('DependencyA' 'DependencyB' 'DependencyC' 'DependencyD' 'TimeZoneDatabase')]
	spec group:'default' with:'MyPackage'.

and load that project into a different, clean Pharo 7 image with

Metacello new
	baseline: 'MyProject';
	repository: '/my/pharo/packages/';
	load: 'default'

Then none of the TimeZoneDatabase packages are loaded and only the postLoadDoIt from the BaselineOfTimeZoneDatabase is called.

(The other dependencies aren't loaded either but I figured to just use this TimeZoneDatabase as an example for this email).

In the BaselineOfTimeZoneDatabase the #baseline: method is

baseline: spec
	<baseline>
	spec
		for: #common
		do: [ spec postLoadDoIt: #buildSystemDatabase.
			spec package: 'Time'.
			spec group: 'Core' with: #('default') ].
	spec
		for: #squeak
		do: [ spec
				package: 'TimeZoneDatabase-Squeak'
				with: [ spec requires: #('Time') ].
			spec group: 'default' with: #('TimeZoneDatabase-Squeak') ].
	spec
		for: #pharo
		do: [ spec
				package: 'TimeZoneDatabasePharoPreload';
				package: 'Time'
					with: [ spec requires: #('TimeZoneDatabasePharoPreload') ];
				package: 'TimeZoneDatabase-Pharo'
					with: [ spec requires: #('Time') ].
			spec group: 'default' with: #('TimeZoneDatabase-Pharo') ]

I'm clearly doing something wrong but don't know what.  Any ideas on what to change or try next?

Thanks

Paul