[Pharo-users] Learn Pharo - Not Working

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Sun Feb 3 07:01:09 EST 2019

On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 at 08:31, magicspeller <pharo at magicspeller.info> wrote:

> Can you tell me why you don't have to select "ProfStef go." before right
> clicking it. I had gotten the impression that to execute any Smalltalk
> statement you always have to select it first.

In general you are correct, but newcomers are more familiar with a click
paradigm that a select &doIt paradigm
so this specific case is different.  In the interest of teaching how to
fish :), here is how you can discover these sorts of answers for
yourself...
Tools > Finder > Source
then search for... ProfStef go
and you'll see...  WelcomeHelp-class>>learn
which does...  (self doItFrom: 'ProfStef go.')
Double-clicking "doItFrom:" selects it, then hitting <Ctrl-M> does "Code
search... > implementors of it"
that is commented...  [left as an exercise for the reader]

cheers -ben