[Pharo-users] do-it or inspect-it in the spotter search bar?

PAUL DEBRUICKER pdebruic at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 19:28:05 EDT 2018

I was feeling lazy was wondered if it would be possible to hit Cmd-D or Cmd-I in the spotter input field rather than opening a playground and typing something in then hitting it.  E.g.

1 + 1  Cmd-I

would open an inspector on the number 2

After looking at GTSpotter>>#spotterFor... methods I couldn't figure out how to make it happen in the half hour I had to spend on it.

I recognize opening the playground is Cmd-O Cmd-W but I just open the spotter ~50x as often as a new playground so the muscle memory isn't there.  If I could do quick one-liners in the spotter then the playground would get opened even less often.