[Pharo-users] What's the status of Pharo exercism?

Tim Mackinnon tim at testit.works
Fri Jun 29 13:55:48 EDT 2018

Hi Ben - it looks completely do-able.

Just submitted my hello world for python - and it wasn’t anything particularly special. I thought your suggestion of using Tonel is perfect - I’m just not sure how well the exercism site will render tonel format (ideally with correct colour coding).

I’ve noticed there are lots of Textmate themes for Smalltalk floating around (and indeed I took one and put it on my iPad for a text app who’s name I’ve forgotten and it seemed to render tonal fine). So if exercism uses that - then it really shouldn’t be a ton of work to make the submit/pull calls like you suggested? It seems that exercism is just providing conversations and a push pull mechanism - so really its git with training wheels? Or have I missed something?

Tim