[Pharo-users] Tonel Fileout

Tim Mackinnon tim at testit.works
Fri Jun 29 12:11:14 EDT 2018

Just as a followup to this - Bens suggestion can be slightly simplified (and less dependent on implementation details) as:

tonelStream := ‘…path…./src/Polymorph-Widgets-Rules/IconShortcutRule.class.st' asFileReference readStream.
parser := (TonelParser on: tonelStream).
parser document do: [ :item | item load  ].

If you want to load an entire directory you can use a reader (but sadly the reader doesn’t let you load only one file)

tonelLocator := ‘…path…./src/Polymorph-Widgets-Rules/IconShortcutRule.class.st' asFileReference.
(TonelReader on: tonelLocator fileName: tonelLocator path parent pathString ) loadDefinitions.

Thought this might help someone in the future (particularly if you are recovering a deleted file(s) from git ;)

Tim