[Pharo-users] Microservices using Pharo

jtuchel at objektfabrik.de jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
Wed Jun 27 01:36:05 EDT 2018

Am 26.06.18 um 20:47 schrieb Andrei Stebakov:
> I guess for multiple images on the same server we need to spawn off
> images listening on different ports.

exactly. We use Apache mod_proxy_balancer with sticky sessions for our
configuration. The sticky session part is important if you use Seaside
(share everything approach with state living on the server).

We do have problems with mod_proxy_balancer when an image gets stuck,
because it is not actively monitoring its backends, so there are better
options out there that we need to investigate once we havetime. Luckily,
our Smalltalk images turn put to be very stable, the bottleneck being
DB2 (surprisingly).

Joachim

Objektfabrik Joachim Tuchel          mailto:jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
Fliederweg 1                         http://www.objektfabrik.de
D-71640 Ludwigsburg                  http://joachimtuchel.wordpress.com
Telefon: +49 7141 56 10 86 0         Fax: +49 7141 56 10 86 1