[Pharo-users] Microservices using Pharo

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Tue Jun 26 09:24:08 EDT 2018

> Am 26.06.2018 um 14:52 schrieb Andrei Stebakov <lispercat at gmail.com>:
>
> Does anyone use Pharo for Miro services? I heard about Seaside and Teapot, just was wondering if Pharo can handle multiple simultaneous requests and if it can, where it reaches the limit.

I use it extensively. I use Zinc-REST package to offer services. The answer how much it can handle in parallel is hard to answer. For this you need to tell what you are about to do. But a rule of thumb is not to exceed 5 parallel tasks that are working at the same time. But a lot of tasks have wait times while accessing another HTTP service, a database, a filesystem etc. For this you can easily go up to 10 I guess.

But these numbers are more of a gut feeling then something scientific

Norbert