[Pharo-users] [Moose-dev] [ann] gt documenter

Tim Mackinnon tim at testit.works
Mon Jun 25 18:54:51 EDT 2018

Hi - so I managed to load up the full monty gtDocumentor into an image (a few false starts as it you try and load the full monty on top of just gtDocumentor e.g in a clean image load

Metacello new
   baseline: 'GToolkit';
   repository: 'github://feenkcom/gtoolkit/src';
   load.
On top of this
Metacello new
   baseline: 'GToolkitDocumenter';
   repository: 'github://feenkcom/gtoolkit-documenter/src';
   load.

It never completes - I gave up after 30 minutes and whining fans on a MacBook Pro.

Anyway - in a completely clean image I loaded just GTookkit and then run

GtDocumenter editorForText: BrToggleExamples comment.

Which seemed to work fine - and showed me some buttons with different dots on them.

So then I went and tried the example I really wanted to see:

IceRepository repositoriesLocation / 'feenkcom'/ 'gtoolkit-examples' / 'doc' / 'tutorial' / 'examples-tutorial.pillar’.

And it just gives a blank tab in the _Pillar, _Contents and _GT tabs? The contents tab does show me pillar text unrendered.

Interestingly, If I then go back to the previous editorForText example, that did work - it now also also show the same blank tabs. So it seems that something get broken?

This is on OSX with the a 64bit image - labelled 6.1 - 64bit (tech preview) - so the current stable pharo for 64 bit.

Is this a known issue?

Tim