[Pharo-users] Smalltalk Programming Competition

horrido horrido.hobbies at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 09:38:40 EDT 2018

I do not diminish the efforts of open source contributors. I applaud them.

My point was that, as a Smalltalk advocate, I worked on average 8 hours a
day, every day of the year, for nearly 4 years. That is a tremendous burn
rate, and I can tell you I am totally exhausted.

Imagine if I had a *real*, full-time job. This effort would've literally
killed me. And this is exactly why no one else can do the job.

> I hear what you're saying. Here's my rationale...
>
> #1. As far as I know, I'm the only person on the planet who has worked
> full-time and without pay as a programming language advocate for nearly
> four
> years. Did I mention full-time and without pay? So I think you can trust
> me
> to deliver, come hell or high water.

I applaud your commitment, but there are many people giving free time to
Pharo
(although more technical oriented than pure advocacy)