[Pharo-users] Pharo 7 proxy problem

Vitor Medina Cruz vitormcruz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 12:23:56 EDT 2018

Hello,

I decided to give a try on Pharo 7 and see how iceberg is doing.... on
windows :)

Pharo launcher is working fine by the way — I had some problems with it in
the past, but it seems more stable now.

Well, if using windows isn't bad enought I am behind a proxy, so I use
cntlm and my configuration in Pharo 6.1 for cntlm proxy on localhost works
fine, but in 7 don't. First it seems to not recognize localhost as
127.0.0.1, it prompts the message: NameLookupFailure: cannot resolve
'localhost'

Using 127.0.0.1 I got a PrimitiveFailure (Ick!):

PrimitiveFailed: primitive
#primSocketCreateNetwork:type:receiveBufferSize:sendBufSize:semaIndex:readSemaIndex:writeSemaIndex:
in Socket failed'

Since it is a primitive problem, I figure there is no workaround possible
here... right?

Socket(ProtoObject)>>primitiveFailed:
Socket(ProtoObject)>>primitiveFailed
Socket>>primSocketCreateNetwork:type:receiveBufferSize:sendBufSize:semaIndex:readSemaIndex:writeSemaIndex:
Socket>>initialize:
[ super new initialize: TCPSocketType ] in Socket class>>newTCP in Block: [
super new initialize: TCPSocketType ]
BlockClosure>>repeatWithGCIf:
Socket class>>newTCP
ZdcSocketStream class(ZdcSimpleSocketStream
class)>>openConnectionToHost:port:timeout:
ZnNetworkingUtils>>socketStreamToUrlDirectly:
ZnNetworkingUtils>>socketStreamToProxy
ZnNetworkingUtils>>socketStreamToUrl:
ZnNetworkingUtils class>>socketStreamToUrl:
ZnClient>>newConnectionTo:
ZnClient>>getConnectionAndExecute
ZnClient>>executeWithRedirectsRemaining:
[ self executeWithRedirectsRemaining: self maxNumberOfRedirects ] in
ZnClient>>executeWithRetriesRemaining: in Block: [ self
executeWithRedirectsRemaining: self maxNumb...etc...
BlockClosure>>on:do:
ZnClient>>executeWithRetriesRemaining:
[ self executeWithRetriesRemaining: self numberOfRetries ] in [ [ self
executeWithRetriesRemaining: self numberOfRetries ]
    on: Error
    do: self ifFailBlock ] in ZnClient>>executeWithTimeout in Block: [ self
executeWithRetriesRemaining: self numberOfR...etc...
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[ [ self executeWithRetriesRemaining: self numberOfRetries ]
    on: Error
    do: self ifFailBlock ] in ZnClient>>executeWithTimeout in Block: [ [
self executeWithRetriesRemaining: self numberO...etc...
[ ^ block value ] in ZnClient>>withTimeoutDo: in Block: [ ^ block value ]
[ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject.
aBlock value ] in ZnConnectionTimeout(DynamicVariable)>>value:during: in
Block: [ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject....
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ZnConnectionTimeout(DynamicVariable)>>value:during:
ZnConnectionTimeout class(DynamicVariable class)>>value:during:
ZnClient>>withTimeoutDo:
ZnClient>>executeWithTimeout
[ result := self executeWithTimeout ] in ZnClient>>execute in Block: [
result := self executeWithTimeout ]
[ ^ block value ] in ZnClient>>withProgressDo: in Block: [ ^ block value ]

Regards,
Vitor