[Pharo-users] [Pharo-dev] [Ann] Iceberg v1.1.1

Christophe Demarey christophe.demarey at inria.fr
Tue Jun 19 10:09:37 EDT 2018

Hi Norbert,

> Le 19 juin 2018 à 14:06, Norbert Hartl <norbert at hartl.name> a écrit :
>
> I have no use for an environment where people only care about coding new cool stuff. If it would be like this I would quit all my pharo businesses, move to mainstream and would use pharo only for hobbyist projects because that would be the level that can be met.

I do not think Guille has this state of mind. He spends time to write lot of tests for code other people wrote (not the funniest part), to clean code in the image (old code, bad dependencies, better API), to improve existing stuff, answering questions on the ML, and so on.
He is one of the few people that really tries to push semantic versioning. He could have made some errors (like everyone) but I find your sentence not fair for him.

Regards,
Christophe