[Pharo-users] Lost in stream

monty monty2 at programmer.net
Mon Jun 18 17:43:02 EDT 2018

They still use (binary) StandardFileStreams on Pharo and Squeak. But since it's done through dynamically chosen file stream factory classes (XMLFileReadStreamFactory and XMLFileWriteStreamFactory), it's easy add support for other stream classes. (The GemStone compat .mcz adds factories for GsFile read/write factories, for example).

#preferredImplementation selects which implementation to use in the hierarchy when there's more than one supported (#isSupportedImplementation).
___
montyos.wordpress.com