[Pharo-users] How to fix the Pharo launcher Windows installation! (WAS: Windows installation broken?)

Vincent.Blondeau at lamresearch.com Vincent.Blondeau at lamresearch.com
Mon Jun 18 15:28:14 EDT 2018

Hi all,

Indeed, the Windows environment is not the one where Pharo is working the best. Last week, I tried to install it on one of my coworker desktop and there was some issues that was solvable with some workarounds, it is temporary and the windows support will be improved soon: I'm currently working on it, especially on making the Pharo launcher in a read only mode. This way, no administrative privileges will be required to run the launcher.

In the meantime, to make the launcher working under Windows:

  1.  Run with administrative privileges
  2.  Uncheck: [cid:image001.png at 01D406FB.17336870]

If you are in a mood to help and contribute to this project (I hope you are!), please report the issues there: https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-launcher/issues and feel free to suggest some fixes to them :)

And please, keep this thread related to Pharo...

Thanks,

Vincent Blondeau
Software Engineer, Software and Controls | Global Product Group
Desk +1 510.572.7499

Lam Research Corporation
4650 Cushing Pkwy, Fremont, CA 94538 USA | www.lamresearch.com
Connect with Lam Research: Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/LamResearchCorporation> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/lamresearch> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/lam-research>

NOTICE: This e-mail transmission may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk. Thank you.