[Pharo-users] Why doesn't Iceberg checkin other assets (scripts) but does check them out?

Todd Blanchard tblanchard at mac.com
Fri Jun 15 13:26:19 EDT 2018

> On Jun 15, 2018, at 2:05 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 15 Jun 2018, at 10:29, Tim Mackinnon <tim at testit.works <mailto:tim at testit.works>> wrote:
>>

>> In many parts of the dev world - every commit should be shippable, meaning atomic - particularly with the use of CI systems (Travis, Gitlab etc) that build on every commit.
>
> but then, you mean every *push* should be shippable :)
> that’s something I agree :)

The way we run projects - pushing to master is forbidden.  You push your work to a feature specific branch, a CI server runs all the tests in the branch every push.  We create pull requests from the github project page, people review them and when the tests are green and reviewers approve, we perform the merge on github.

Never touch master (or whatever branch you pick for main trunk) outside of github.  Always perform new work in new branch.