[Pharo-users] How to contribute to Pharo Launcher?

Christophe Demarey christophe.demarey at inria.fr
Fri Jun 15 03:14:13 EDT 2018

Hi Tim,

> Le 14 juin 2018 à 18:48, Tim Mackinnon <tim at testit.works> a écrit :
>
> Is PharoLauncher using git - there is a note saying the StHub repo is about to be moved?
>
> I ask as I wanted to contribute a simple change that shows the modified date of the images and lets you sort by that (I sometimes forget which was the latest image I was using and have a few old ones kicking around).

Until now, I preferred to stay on StHub mainly because Iceberg was not ready to work smoothly with. I did not wanted to get extra-difficulties to work on Pharo Launcher (merge problems, etc).
That said, Iceberg has now moved a lot in the right direction and I think we could start to use git for Pharo Launcher development.
I will release a ne version of PharoLauncher soon and then, I think I will move PharoLauncher on github and use Cargo to manage it.

For your contribution, it is welcomed (in fact, it was planned to be added but you were faster). Feel free to commit it directly to the SH repository, I will then take a look at it. It looks like you already can commit: http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Pharo/PharoLauncher/contributors.

Thanks Tim.

Regards,
Christophe