[Pharo-users] Iceberg - finding deleted classes, reverting versions?

Guillermo Polito guillermopolito at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 03:52:44 EDT 2018

Hi,

Regarding history, right now we have a history browser implemented as a
Calypso plugin, that is open using context menu => history or the little
box button on the top right of the method pane (second button from the left
in the picture):

[image: Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 09.34.24.png]

That button will nowadays only be shown if the method's package is linked
to an iceberg repository.
Once you click it, you will have the entire history of the method.

[image: Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 09.47.46.png]

With the possibility to install that version of the method (among others).

Now, regarding the recovery of deleted classes/methods, have you tried the
repository browser?
Go to Iceberg, right click on a repository and select "Repository".
You can there select a commit in history and then in the tabs below see the
diff between
 - your current version and the selected commit
 - the selected commit and its main parent

Of course any of these can be improved, but if you have concrete requests,
it is much easier :)

https://github.com/pharo-vcs/iceberg

Guille

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 11:22 PM Tim Mackinnon <tim at testit.works> wrote:

> Hi Sean - I tried it again, and it worked:
>
> git log --full-history -- */PrismicBlock.class*
>
> (I got my wildcard slightly wrong for tonel format) - although the beauty
> of the one I gave was that it shows you all deleted classes (in case you
> don’t know the name)
>
> I’m still confused why I can’t checkout the deleted class though - damn
> you git, for the cryptic error: : error: pathspec 'PrismicDemo/
> PrismicBlock.class.st' did not match any file(s) known to git.
>
> I was hoping a quick hack to iceberg might be to OSProcess a few choice
> git commands to help us along while we work out better ways to do things.
>
> Tim
>
> On 13 Jun 2018, at 21:53, Sean P. DeNigris <sean at clipperadams.com> wrote:
>
> Tim Mackinnon wrote
>
> I didn’t quite get your fu to work
>

> Interesting.
>
> When I searched for commits affecting the deleted class SuDebianKey:
>
> $ git log --full-history -- */SuDebianKey.class/properties.json
>
> I got back a list of commits (obviously with the last chronologically being
> the deletion):
>
> commit a38fbced4abec59ff9879d4c607da80dc89b6637
> Author: Sean DeNigris <sean at Seans-MBP.home>
> Date:   Mon Jan 30 17:13:58 2017 -0500
>
>    Extract Lots to ComputerWorld, Absorb Rest of Old ScriptingBase Project
>
> commit 61175745d57c60a1707d5e2f9a2fc92e6c19a6ea
> Author: Sean DeNigris <sean at clipperadams.com>
> Date:   Sat Aug 20 17:14:12 2016 -0400
>
>    Basket O' Enhancements
>

> -----