[Pharo-users] Pharo 6, bad debugger behaviour

Tim Mackinnon tim at testit.works
Fri Jun 8 07:30:55 EDT 2018

Hi, I’ve noticed lately when using a reasonably recent Pharo 6.1 setup that if I restart a method in the debugger - particularly from a breakpoint or correcting a dnu issue the environment frequently locks up. Fearing the worst (after a few seconds), if I repeatedly press cmd . (Say 5 times) after 10 seconds more it comes back with 30 debugger Windows typically with something like Instance of Xxxx dnu: #someMethod (which is legit as I might have a now corrupt inst bar).

I understand the error, but why does it lockup and require the cmd . Dance?

I dont recall earlier Pharos doing this (and not other smalltalks).

Should I report this?

Tim

Sent from my iPhone