[Pharo-users] Understanding ZnJSONReader mapping?

Tim Mackinnon tim at testit.works
Thu Jun 7 16:21:35 EDT 2018

Hi - is there something I can read/study to get a bit more familiar with Json mapping? I have read the Pharo enterprise book (chapter 8).

I’ve been using NeoJSONObject but then it occurred to me that maybe I could map better domain objects directly and simplify things. However it seems that the intent of mapping is just for simple things like an array of points - whereas if I have 15 different domain objects (albeit with a type key), then I’m wondering if I should just wrap json nodes on usage?

In fact I’m wondering what the point of mapping is if it’s so simple - or maybe I’m missing an important concept?

Tim

Sent from my iPhone