[Pharo-users] Problem to use GZIPReadStream

Guillermo Polito guillermopolito at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 11:59:10 EDT 2018

Hi Serge,

What Pharo version are you on? What is your `file` object? If `file` is a
FileReference, you need to know that by default, using `readStream`
provides now an encoded file (to keep backwards compatibility with what
most users were doing until now).
And I think that GZip should just decode/decompress binary data.

Instead of asking it for a readStream, try asking for a `binaryReadStream`.

compressed := file binaryReadStream.
stream := (GZipReadStream on: compressed) upToEnd asByteArray readStream.

Guille

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 4:41 PM, Serge Stinckwich <serge.stinckwich at gmail.com

--

Guille Polito