[Pharo-users] Morph & MVC tutorials

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 01:30:28 EDT 2018

On Thursday 07 June 2018 03:07 AM, Matias Maretto wrote:
> Hi guys, I have been doing some things with Dolphin, actually feel very
> confortable with it, but now I am trying to learn Pharo. I have noticed
> that many things are quite similars,  but others are very differents,
> one of this things is the Visual Part, can someone point me out some
> good tutorial for Morph and MVC, I trying to understand the use of these
>s two "worlds" and I want to "play" a little with them.

MVC is a dated GUI framework. Morphic is a live and direct graphical
programming framework. A good place to start is chapter 5 in:

  https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/UpdatedPharoByExample

The original paper(?) by John Maloney and Randy Smith is at:

http://web.media.mit.edu/~jmaloney/papers/DirectnessAndLivenessInMorphic.pdf

and a tutorial exploring the basic concepts is at:

http://sdmeta.gforge.inria.fr/FreeBooks/CollectiveNBlueBook/morphic.final.pdf

HTH .. Subbu