[Pharo-users] more on "can't get keyboard shortcuts to work on Mac"

Tim Mackinnon tim at testit.works
Wed Jun 6 02:11:38 EDT 2018

Hi Greg - meta is the Cmd key on a Mac.

So you type cmd-shift-f for reformat code in a method, cmd-s to save.

There are some chorded keys - eg cmd-b cmd-m (keep holding the cmd then press b followed by m) to browse implementers of the selected method.

On Linux the meta key is Ctrl (just an FYI)

While discussing keystrokes - a less obvious but very useful one is shift-enter to get the spotter (sort of like the Mac’s spotlight but for code)

All of this is in the help documentation - Help | Help Browser | Pharo Environment Help.

But happy to get you started, as it’s frustrating if the basics aren’t working for you.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone