[Pharo-users] Loading Local Repositories with Iceberg

Thierry Goubier thierry.goubier at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 11:44:26 EDT 2018

>> Am 05.06.2018 um 16:13 schrieb Stephan Eggermont <stephan at stack.nl>:
>>
>> Norbert Hartl <norbert at hartl.name> wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, but where is the problem?
>>
>> - needs to work on different filesystems, with tricky behavior
>> - git itself did not get the behavior right
>> - git used to be non-reentrant. Did that change?
>>
> Ok, now we know about problems git should solve. What should we be doing?

Avoid sharing a git repository between Pharo images / processes.
Consider that git is a slightly unsafe way to store files in a single
place; use git distributed nature (even in the same machine) as a way
to cope with its limitations.

Or switch to Fossil, whose use of sqlite seems safer from that viewpoint.

Regards,

Thierry