[Pharo-users] Positive experience report porting from StHub to GitHub

Hernán Morales Durand hernan.morales at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 08:17:39 EST 2018

Hi guys,

I just want to report that I started to migrate some of my projects
from to GitHub (for example
https://github.com/hernanmd/ApplicationSecurity and
https://github.com/hernanmd/StringExtensions) in Pharo 6.x

Basically the steps are:

1) Install the Peter Uhnak git-migration package:

Metacello new
baseline: 'GitMigration';
repository: 'github://peteruhnak/git-migration/repository';
load

2) From (GitBash) command-line:

cd /c/Users/{your_git_project_directory}
git log --oneline -n 1

3)  Execute this script:

| migration |
migration := GitMigration on: '{your_sthub_user}/{project_name}'.
migration cacheAllVersions.
migration authors: { 'Your_Name' -> #('Your_Name' '<your_mail at mail.com>')}.
migration
fastImportCodeToDirectory: 'repository'
initialCommit: '....' " copy/paste the id from the git log command in step 2)"
to: 'import.txt'

4)

git fast-import < /.../import.txt
git reset --hard master
git add *
git commit -m "fast-import from SmalltalkHub"
git push {project_name}

or

git push

Let me know if there's something you would add to the workflow.
Cheers,

Hernán