[Pharo-users] [ANN] Release of the Spec book

Johan Fabry jfabry at dcc.uchile.cl
Fri Mar 17 04:32:40 EDT 2017

Hi all,

Stéphane and I are happy to announce the 1.0 release of the book on Spec, the UI framework for Pharo!!

This book was needed because the existing documentation was not really user-friendly and dispersed. I gathered everything I could find, sorted, filtered and rewrote, in collaboration with Stef. This is the reference documentation of Spec for Pharo 5 and 6, as well as my Magnum Opus on Spec (I have other ones on other topics ;-) ). We hope it will be useful for you.

A small overview of the content: This book first shows the basics of Spec and how it enables reuse of UIs. It then treats UI layout in detail before moving on to explaining the management of windows. Some of the more advanced widgets are also discussed as well as the dynamic features of Spec. Lastly, the book also contains a chapter with tips and tricks.

You can download a pdf of the book at http://files.pharo.org/books/spec-tutorial/ and also buy a hardcopy here: http://www.lulu.com/shop/johan-fabry-and-stéphane-ducasse/the-spec-ui-framework/paperback/product-23040294.html It’s only 9.99EUR so so you can easily afford it, and moreover all proceedings of sales go the the Pharo association !

--
Does this mail seem too brief? Sorry for that, I don’t mean to be rude! Please see http://emailcharter.org .

PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile