[Pharo-users] Saving to local git and "Loading all file names from http://...pharo5/inbox"

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Sun May 29 03:58:56 EDT 2016

> On 29 May 2016, at 09:51, Peter Uhnak <i.uhnak at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, May 28, 2016 at 10:48:47PM +0200, Holger Freyther wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> every time I save a local package using gitfiletree:// it tries to download from the pharo5 inbox. Is this to be expected? I do not have the inbox associated with that package though? Can the version number resolving be changed?
>
> For some reason the package manager is refreshing all packages. I don't know why it happens, and it's quite annoying (because it slows down commits), but it doesn't cause any actual problems, so don't worry about it too much.

As I understand it, what happens is the following: before you commit to your MC repo, you have to find the next version number; a check is then done in all relevant repos; the cached content is not used, but an actual refresh is done. All this is so that my .5 would not conflict with someone else .5 - the chance that this happens is very small, and the check does not really prevent it.