[Pharo-users] One comment to new Pharo5 debugger

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Thu May 26 09:59:43 EDT 2016

> On 26 May 2016, at 14:49, Johan Fabry <jfabry at dcc.uchile.cl> wrote:
>
> Yes, and there was also some discussion on the Pharo-users mailing list. Apparently the same comments more or less ...
>
> I give a big +1 on moving the buttons down, so that they are between the stack and the code pane. I still don’t understand why they need to be so far away from the code pane, it makes much more sense above the code pane + we save on mouse movements.

is because of the “moldable” nature of the debugger, since the code panel could be anything (like a custom browser, etc.), it is not certain that buttons can be there… only “constant” place is the top of the browser…
that does not means I do not agree it would be better closer to the code itself… but I will need to take a care look to that before proposing a possible change.

Esteban