[Pharo-users] Problem with Mongo on Pharo5 ("collection already exists")

Sabine Manaa manaa.sabine at gmail.com
Wed May 25 15:57:07 EDT 2016


Hi Esteban,

do you know a documentation/entry point about moving to github?
Is it in experimental state or recommended for all Pharo users?
How/where to start?

Regards
Sabine

2016-05-25 21:54 GMT+02:00 EstebanLM [via Smalltalk] <
ml-node+s1294792n4897394h9 at n4.nabble.com>:

> Hi,
>
> yes, I recommend you to use the github version, we are moving there.
> But anyway we are keeping the sthub as mirror… it just got de-sync. And
> the only reason why I needed the merge, and not a simple copy is because
> metadataless format got activated and I lost the history, so I rather merge
> to recover history in some way… :)
>
> cheers!
> Esteban
>
> On 25 May 2016, at 21:23, Sabine Manaa <[hidden email]
> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4897394&i=0>> wrote:
>
> Hi Esteban,
>
> great, now it works. Thank you!
>
> In the comments, I see "merged with github". I am curious about using
> github in future, too.
>
> Regards
> Sabine
>
> 2016-05-25 21:01 GMT+02:00 EstebanLM [via Smalltalk] <<a
> href="x-msg://138/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4897384&i=0"
> target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]>:
>
>> hi Sabine,
>>
>> please update to latest packages of Voyage… there was a de-sync problem
>> with the API change in MongoTalk, that *should* fix your issue.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Esteban
>>
>>
>> On 25 May 2016, at 16:29, Sabine Manaa <[hidden email]
>> <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4897378&i=0>> wrote:
>>
>> note that it only occurs (hanging image)  if you do
>> "VORepository current reset"
>> before. Or have a new Image.
>>
>>
>> 2016-05-25 15:38 GMT+02:00 Sabine Manaa <[hidden email]
>> <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4897378&i=1>>:
>>
>>> I have a non-responding image with the original code (with the signal)
>>>
>>> 2016-05-25 15:14 GMT+02:00 Holger Freyther [via Smalltalk] <[hidden
>>> email] <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4897348&i=0>>:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> > On 25 May 2016, at 15:42, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]
>>>> <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4897346&i=0>> wrote:
>>>> >
>>>> >
>>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> > No I don’t… in part because is not me who make that code, but also
>>>> because it is expected: after, you have:
>>>> >
>>>> > getCollection: aString
>>>> > ^ [ self addCollection: aString capped: false size: nil max: nil ]
>>>> > on: MongoCollectionAlreadyExists
>>>> > do: [ :err |
>>>> > MongoCollection database: self name: aString ]
>>>> >
>>>> > so the idea is to refine the error to separate
>>>> MongoCollectionAlreadyExists so it can later be catch and handled properly.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> when adding capped collection support it seemed like a good idea to
>>>> fail if a collection already exists that might not be capped, but given the
>>>> follow up issues I wonder if I/we should restore the original behavior that
>>>> just ignored all errors?
>>>>
>>>> holger
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
>>>> discussion below:
>>>>
>>>> http://forum.world.st/Problem-with-Mongo-on-Pharo5-collection-already-exists-tp4897315p4897346.html
>>>> To start a new topic under Pharo Smalltalk Users, email [hidden email]
>>>> <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4897348&i=1>
>>>> To unsubscribe from Pharo Smalltalk Users, click here.
>>>> NAML
>>>> <http://forum.world.st/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>> View this message in context: Re: Problem with Mongo on Pharo5
>>> ("collection already exists")
>>> <http://forum.world.st/Problem-with-Mongo-on-Pharo5-collection-already-exists-tp4897315p4897348.html>
>>>
>>> Sent from the Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list archive
>>> <http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html> at
>>> Nabble.com <http://nabble.com/>.
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
>> below:
>>
>> http://forum.world.st/Problem-with-Mongo-on-Pharo5-collection-already-exists-tp4897315p4897378.html
>> To start a new topic under Pharo Smalltalk Users, email <a
>> href="x-msg://138/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4897384&i=1"
>> target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]
>> To unsubscribe from Pharo Smalltalk Users, click here.
>> NAML
>> <http://forum.world.st/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>>
>
>
> ------------------------------
> View this message in context: Re: Problem with Mongo on Pharo5
> ("collection already exists")
> <http://forum.world.st/Problem-with-Mongo-on-Pharo5-collection-already-exists-tp4897315p4897384.html>
> Sent from the Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list archive
> <http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html> at Nabble.com
> <http://nabble.com/>.
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
>
> http://forum.world.st/Problem-with-Mongo-on-Pharo5-collection-already-exists-tp4897315p4897394.html
> To start a new topic under Pharo Smalltalk Users, email
> ml-node+s1294792n1310670h65 at n4.nabble.com
> To unsubscribe from Pharo Smalltalk Users, click here
> <http://forum.world.st/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=1310670&code=bWFuYWEuc2FiaW5lQGdtYWlsLmNvbXwxMzEwNjcwfC0xOTE3OTcxOTg5>
> .
> NAML
> <http://forum.world.st/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>




--
View this message in context: http://forum.world.st/Problem-with-Mongo-on-Pharo5-collection-already-exists-tp4897315p4897395.html
Sent from the Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-users_lists.pharo.org/attachments/20160525/3aa4c214/attachment.html>


More information about the Pharo-users mailing list