[Pharo-users] Problem with Mongo on Pharo5 ("collection already exists")

Sabine Manaa manaa.sabine at gmail.com
Wed May 25 15:23:36 EDT 2016


Hi Esteban,

great, now it works. Thank you!

In the comments, I see "merged with github". I am curious about using
github in future, too.

Regards
Sabine

2016-05-25 21:01 GMT+02:00 EstebanLM [via Smalltalk] <
ml-node+s1294792n4897378h13 at n4.nabble.com>:

> hi Sabine,
>
> please update to latest packages of Voyage… there was a de-sync problem
> with the API change in MongoTalk, that *should* fix your issue.
>
> cheers,
> Esteban
>
>
> On 25 May 2016, at 16:29, Sabine Manaa <[hidden email]
> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4897378&i=0>> wrote:
>
> note that it only occurs (hanging image)  if you do
> "VORepository current reset"
> before. Or have a new Image.
>
>
> 2016-05-25 15:38 GMT+02:00 Sabine Manaa <[hidden email]
> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4897378&i=1>>:
>
>> I have a non-responding image with the original code (with the signal)
>>
>> 2016-05-25 15:14 GMT+02:00 Holger Freyther [via Smalltalk] <[hidden
>> email] <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4897348&i=0>>:
>>
>>>
>>> > On 25 May 2016, at 15:42, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]
>>> <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4897346&i=0>> wrote:
>>> >
>>> >
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>
>>> > No I don’t… in part because is not me who make that code, but also
>>> because it is expected: after, you have:
>>> >
>>> > getCollection: aString
>>> > ^ [ self addCollection: aString capped: false size: nil max: nil ]
>>> > on: MongoCollectionAlreadyExists
>>> > do: [ :err |
>>> > MongoCollection database: self name: aString ]
>>> >
>>> > so the idea is to refine the error to separate
>>> MongoCollectionAlreadyExists so it can later be catch and handled properly.
>>>
>>> when adding capped collection support it seemed like a good idea to fail
>>> if a collection already exists that might not be capped, but given the
>>> follow up issues I wonder if I/we should restore the original behavior that
>>> just ignored all errors?
>>>
>>> holger
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
>>> below:
>>>
>>> http://forum.world.st/Problem-with-Mongo-on-Pharo5-collection-already-exists-tp4897315p4897346.html
>>> To start a new topic under Pharo Smalltalk Users, email [hidden email]
>>> <http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4897348&i=1>
>>> To unsubscribe from Pharo Smalltalk Users, click here.
>>> NAML
>>> <http://forum.world.st/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>> View this message in context: Re: Problem with Mongo on Pharo5
>> ("collection already exists")
>> <http://forum.world.st/Problem-with-Mongo-on-Pharo5-collection-already-exists-tp4897315p4897348.html>
>>
>> Sent from the Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list archive
>> <http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html> at Nabble.com
>> <http://nabble.com>.
>>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
>
> http://forum.world.st/Problem-with-Mongo-on-Pharo5-collection-already-exists-tp4897315p4897378.html
> To start a new topic under Pharo Smalltalk Users, email
> ml-node+s1294792n1310670h65 at n4.nabble.com
> To unsubscribe from Pharo Smalltalk Users, click here
> <http://forum.world.st/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=1310670&code=bWFuYWEuc2FiaW5lQGdtYWlsLmNvbXwxMzEwNjcwfC0xOTE3OTcxOTg5>
> .
> NAML
> <http://forum.world.st/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>




--
View this message in context: http://forum.world.st/Problem-with-Mongo-on-Pharo5-collection-already-exists-tp4897315p4897384.html
Sent from the Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-users_lists.pharo.org/attachments/20160525/df2e1211/attachment.html>


More information about the Pharo-users mailing list