[Pharo-users] Lockup when inspecting Text

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 13:08:53 EDT 2016

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 04:08:49PM +0000, Henrik Nergaard wrote:
> Could you post the string/text object you have trouble inspecting?
> Both: "Text new inspect" and " (String loremIpsum: 1234) asText inspect" works fine for me (Image 60035).

Inspecting the following will trigger the CPU loop:

| startPos aTextStream name |

aTextStream := TextStream on: (Text new: 1024).
name := 'silver | AB-com.cz'.
startPos := aTextStream position max: 1.
aTextStream
	nextPutAll: name;
	applyAttribute: (TextFontReference toFont: (LogicalFont familyName: 'Source Sans Pro' pointSize: 20))
		beginningAt: startPos;
	cr; cr.
aTextStream contents.

(I thought it would take much longer to generate a small piece of code
that would reproduce the problem).

> 	I can't interrupt the display (Ctrl-.).
> Try (Alt-.)
>
> Best regards,
> Henrik

Unfortunately Alt-. doesn't work either (both work when the system is
responsive).

Thanks!
Alistair