[Pharo-users] OT - an opinion on node.js

Bob Clark bbobb.clark at gmail.com
Mon May 23 14:27:13 EDT 2016

On 05/23/2016 02:09 PM, Jimmie Houchin wrote:

> On 05/23/2016 01:05 PM, Bob Clark wrote:

>>> you a right. I'm embarrassed I didn't think it through.
>>> I apologise, it was out of line.
>>> -ben
>>
>> Thanks for posting this, I got to really laughing and my morning is
>> much better now. I didn't quite hear what he said, I thought I heard
>> LIPS? Did he say It's because of you ... we are all using LIPS? Is
>> that slang for Pharo? Does Pharo have some project named LIPS? I am a
>> little confused. What is it?
>>

> I don't know if you are serious or are being funny. Either way he
> said, LISP.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisp_(programming_language)
>
> An older and interesting language.
>
> Jimmie

Well, yes, :) I wass trying to be funny but also to link to pharo. I
think lisp co-evolved with smalltalk-80 yes, so there's a connection.
Lets think about what LiPS could be in pharo... I thinkits the Little
Presentation System, a minimal & modular UI/Ux than can be loaded into a
headless image, and expanded as needed. Then when a headless instance
gets hurt, we'd add some Lips to make it better. We have a better mythology.

> An older and interesting language.

very.

bob