[Pharo-users] OT - an opinion on node.js

Dimitris Chloupis kilon.alios at gmail.com
Mon May 23 14:11:45 EDT 2016

I think from what I have heard at least people use Node.js because its well
designed and because they can use a language many people are familiar with
Javascript. Personally I have little interest in web development . I cant
say I find the video funny since it seems to draw a caricature over people
who prefer one technology over another. Afterall you could as well make a
video about Pharo vs other languages and IDEs and debate that the boosted
productivity is not much and in cases much slower than using other
languages.

The answer to those matters is never simple anyway.

And In the end what it counts is the end results, all those tools are just
means to an end. So try to convince people about which is best, is kinda
pointless as it is this video. We can all be friendly make our own choices
without offending other people.