[Pharo-users] New Success Story: Sysmocom: Free Software for Mobile Communication

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Sun May 22 07:05:38 EDT 2016

Sysmocom: Free Software for Mobile Communication
	http://pharo.org/success/Sysmocom

"Sysmocom is a leading provider of Free Software Mobile Communication solutions. In 2012 we have started a long term project to develop a complete ASN1, TCAP, MAP, CAP, GSN stack using the Pharo Object Environment. We have decided to use Pharo because of the increased productivity, the great tooling, the live inspection and if necessary modification of a running system to deploy a critical bugfix. Pharo has allowed us to focus on what is important.

The stack was used to uncover security and privacy issues inherent to the MAP protocol design in 2014/2015. We have used the stack to build a carrier-grade AuthenticationCenter (AuC) and helped a customer to move their production traffic off a proprietary system to ours. We look forward to move a HomeLocationRegister (HLR) into production this year. said Holger Freyther CEO."