[Pharo-users] Retina support in Pharo

stepharo stepharo at free.fr
Tue May 17 15:47:00 EDT 2016

> I am about to buy a new laptop. Pharo does not work with Retina display?
> How can it be?
Alexandre
I'm sorry to see this email.
We all worked like mad and Esteban did A MASSIVE AMOUNT OF WORK.
Nearly nobody on this list really understand what is to write a new FFI
framework and Esteban
got nearly burnt by Spur and by UFFI. It was not our plan to get forced
to do such tasks.
So Esteban did not time to work on Retina support. It looks quite simple
to me.

Now what all pharoers should deeply understand is that if
     - people would not only focus on their projects (even if they are
important) but
     help with pharo issues, then core engineers would have more time
for the things
     that others cannot do. Easy no.
     - the pharo consortium does not raise enough money we will not be
able to pay
     Esteban in the future.

So enjoy this moment because we have
     Esteban on managing releases and all the dirty work
     Nicolas Passerini payed by the consortium for 9 months to work on
Git support
     Pavel to work on bootstrap, bugfixes and pharo distributions
     Christophe Demarey 60% on bootstrap and pharo package manager
     Guillermo 60% on bootstrap and others

And this will not be forever.
Stef