[Pharo-users] TextAction bugs

stepharo stepharo at free.fr
Mon May 16 14:15:28 EDT 2016

Hi all :)
> Hi All,
>
> TextAction appears to have a couple of issues:
>

> TextAction>>actOnClick: anEvent for: anObject in: paragraph editor: editor
> 	"sent when a user clicks on a piece of text to which I am applied in an editor"
>
> 	"may be self is included in the event or an Object. "
> 	^ actOnClickBlock cull: self cull: anEvent cull: anObject cull: paragraph cull: editor
To me this use of cull: is plain plain plain bad.
cull: is a plague. People use is far too often.
It indicates a lack of
     - design
     - object because with one object the block would get it and select
what is needed.
     - then I do not get why we need to pass the paragraph and the editor

> #cull:cull:cull:cull:cull: doesn't exist, so should be something like:
>

> TextAction>>actOnClick: anEvent for: anObject in: paragraph editor: editor
> 	"sent when a user clicks on a piece of text to which I am applied in an editor"
>
> 	"may be self is included in the event or an Object. "
> 	^ actOnClickBlock valueWithEnoughArguments: (Array with: self with: anEvent with: anObject with: paragraph with: editor)

it looks already better.