[Pharo-users] TextAction bugs

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 02:29:45 EDT 2016

Hi All,

TextAction appears to have a couple of issues:

TextAction>>actOnClick: anEvent for: anObject in: paragraph editor: editor
	"sent when a user clicks on a piece of text to which I am applied in an editor"

	"may be self is included in the event or an Object. "
	^ actOnClickBlock cull: self cull: anEvent cull: anObject cull: paragraph cull: editor

#cull:cull:cull:cull:cull: doesn't exist, so should be something like:

TextAction>>actOnClick: anEvent for: anObject in: paragraph editor: editor
	"sent when a user clicks on a piece of text to which I am applied in an editor"

	"may be self is included in the event or an Object. "
	^ actOnClickBlock valueWithEnoughArguments: (Array with: self with: anEvent with: anObject with: paragraph with: editor)

It is also missing the Rubric version:

TextAction>>rubActOnClick: anEvent for: anObject in: paragraph editor: editor
	"sent when a user clicks on a piece of text to which I am applied in an editor"

	"may be self is included in the event or an Object. "
	^ actOnClickBlock valueWithEnoughArguments: (Array with: self with: anEvent with: anObject with: paragraph with: editor)

I've followed the convention in the other implementations of
#rubActOnClick:for:in:editor: and reimplemented the code, but it could
just as easily call #actOnClick:for:in:editor:.

Any reason not to submit this as a formal bug report?

Should it be submitted as two separate bug reports since they are in
separate packages?

Thanks!
Alistair