[Pharo-users] GLMFormatedPresentation>>format bug?

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Sun May 15 17:58:16 EDT 2016

Hi All,

I'm currently porting my personal documentation system from Python /
Django to Pharo and am trying to display formatted text in a new pane in
the inspector.  If I execute something like:

| text |

text := 'Hello World' asText.
text addAttribute: TextColor green from: 1 to: 6.
text

in a playground using "Do it and go", the text is displayed correctly
(with formatting).

If I add a method in the object I want to inspect:

gtInspectIn: composite
	<gtInspectorPresentationOrder: 30>

	^ composite text
		title: 'Meme';
		display: [self asText].

the formatting disappears.

I'm able to "fix" the problem by changing:

GLMFormatedPresentation>>format
	^ format ifNil: [ format := #asString ]

to:

GLMFormatedPresentation>>format
	^ format ifNil: [ format := #asText ]

Is someone more knowledgable about Glamour able to confirm that this is
really a bug?  If so, I'll submit a formal bug report on fogbugz.  (If
there's a better solution, that would be great too).

Thanks!
Alistair