[Pharo-users] NoSWL Databases

AWS aws at lhdavid.co.uk
Tue May 3 09:42:39 EDT 2016

 Hi there.

I am currently trying to finish an Open University degree that I started back in the '70s. Eventually, I will have to create a project for the final module.

The current course is all about Database management and analysis. We are currently looking at NoSQL databases and I would like to try out one of these against some ideas I have for the project. I am wondering if anyone out there has any experience of using Pharo against either Riak or MongoDB?

I can probably drive Riak from using HTTP gets and puts but MongoDB appears to need JavaScript. I would prefer to use Python, which has a MongoDB interface available. Again, does anyone have any thoughts on interfacing Pharo with Python?

David
Totally Objects.
Long Haired David
A.K.A. David Pennington